• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bird call - South Derbyshire (1 Viewer)

Derbyfella

Sorry. no recording and hadnt taken my personal phone with me with merlin app.
Bird heard calling at Melbourne Pool in woodland area, next to water, but high in trees and unable to see other than a glimpse of a smallish brown (underbodied) bird - between robin and blackbird size imho (they were in vicinity to compare with). Seemed to have its wings quite far back on body in flight and shortish tail.
Mostly quite a loud repeated sound (twice) like an alarm call, imho.....later on a trill from what sounded like the same bird.

Heard the same sound further on also on the edge of woodland again this time next to a small stream. Unable to locate the calling bird again but again higher up, rather than low next to the water

sorry, not my intention to annoy anyone with vagaries, but im unable to locate the call/song on british-birdsongs.uk and its irked me!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back