• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Id - RSPB Hazeley Heath 9th April (1 Viewer)

Jamkat

Rob R
Hi,

Could anybody please identify the first bird, which I think is a warbler but on close inspection it has red eyes. which threw me. Does anybody have any idea?

The second bird was taken in my garden, apologies for the poor quality, I think this is a Chiffchaff?

Thanks

Attachments

• unidentified birds3.jpg
    unidentified birds3.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 75
  • unidentified birds1.jpg
    unidentified birds1.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 76
Hello,

I agree with Butty: the first bird is a Dunnock.

Please note the right colours and the "stripey-moddled" pattern on the ear-coverts. Both is good for this species.

For the second bird I am unsure. It gives a Willow Warbler impression for me, but when you identified it as a Chiffchaff, than it was one. As you know, I trust observers opinion much more.

And no offence, if I ask for more pictures. Thanks!

I've adjusted the colour balance (hope that's okay OP - but it still mightn't be totally correct) for the second bird - so could it just have a dirty face from poking its beak into something?

PHcznG9.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back