• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID Water fowl - Erie County, PA (USA) (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I agree with Butty. And I am confident, that the bird is a Canada Goose, I agree with Butty.
But there is a problem with mixed bird flock pictures. Its easy to overlook one, I did it too.
But there is a Greater or Lesser Scaup male in the third picture

edit: what did I say? its easy to overlook one. There are actually two Scaups in the third picture.

Are there not also Ringed-neck Ducks, particularly in #1 and #2?
Yes, all the Aythyas are Ring-necked in pics 1 and 2, and there are two each of Ring-necked and (I also guess Lesser, largely on size comparable to the R-n) Scaup in pic 3.

I got a Shoveler impression on first glance at the orange-billed female dabbler in pic 1, but on second look I think it's just a Mallard caught at a deceptive angle.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back