• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds vs insects (1 Viewer)

tucansam

Got a pair of nice peach trees. I am not eating peaches at the moment, but over the past few years, I have had hundreds of wasps invade the yard, build hives under my eves and under my roof tile, terrorize my family, and swarm my peach trees.

Ever since I started putting out feeders, the wasp population is gone, and only the birds eat the peaches. I know many birds eat wasps. This makes sense to me. Is anyone using their local bird population to tame your insect population?

I feel like the insect population in my yard is vastly smaller than it was in past years. Less bugs inside the house. Less bugs on the porch light at night. Etc.

Do birds eat scorpions? Surely some do, right? I often get scorpions in my house, at least I did in years past. So far, knock on wood, none this year.

Are the birds doing more for me than just being interesting and entertaining to photograph and observe?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back