• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bluebird Questions (1 Viewer)

tjl5709

United States
I have a pair of Bluebirds hanging out in my backyard and they appear to be looking to nest or have decided to nest in the area. I do not have a box up as I have never seen them around my area. The male appears to be rather aggressive in that he flies to my windows and attacks them and I am under the impression he sees himself reflected and is defending his territory from an intruder. Are they this possessive of their territory? I've been googling Bluebirds to try and get an idea of how they live but have had no luck in getting details like this, so I came here to ask.

Any insight on them would be appreciated. He's a wonderful-looking bird and I'd like to try and keep them around. Also, are they tolerant of human activity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back