• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brand new to birding (1 Viewer)

kerrit

United States
Hi all..I have been reading this forum for a bit and while I feel a little intimidated, I am comforted by the wealth of knowledge that is shared in a nonjudgmental way. So, I finally signed up.
I live in SE Michigan. Most of my bird watching is done through the back window. I have physical limitations so my field of view is limited to the tops of trees, telephone pole, electrical wires, etc. I’m also suffering from injuries which keep me indoors. That said, I’m in the market for a pair of binoculars so I can enjoy the view that I do have. I think it will bring me some joy and keep me hopeful. I love watching the birds and squirrels in my postage-stamp sized yard and they seem to enjoy the cover that the shrubs and trees give them. Well, thank you for listening.

Hi there kerrit and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

We 're a fun place to hang out ;)

Hi kerrit and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see in your yard and flying over.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I’ve never been on a forum before, so it may take me a long minute to figure out where to post what.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I’ve never been on a forum before, so it may take me a long minute to figure out where to post what.
Don't worry..... please ask if you're not sure about anything. We were all new here once.

Don't worry..... please ask if you're not sure about anything. We were all new here once.
Thank you ahead of time for your patience and understanding. I’m trying to figure it all out. Can you tell me how to post a question about recommendations for binoculars?

Thank you ahead of time for your patience and understanding. I’m trying to figure it all out. Can you tell me how to post a question about recommendations for binoculars?
Sure. Follow this link to the Binocular forum: Binoculars

Then you have two choices, either scroll down and select the brand you want to ask about, or if it's more general, just click on the red button at the top "Post Thread". Type a relevant title, then just use the box below to ask your question.

Hope this helps.

Sure. Follow this link to the Binocular forum: Binoculars

Then you have two choices, either scroll down and select the brand you want to ask about, or if it's more general, just click on the red button at the top "Post Thread". Type a relevant title, then just use the box below to ask your question.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. Will try this. I was heading in the wrong direction.

Hi Delia..can you tell me what I am doing wrong in replying to posts. I think I end up replying to myself (or others) instead of the intended post. Thank you.
Well.... you seem to have done that one OK.

To reply to a post, simply click on Reply button bottom right of the post, then type your reply. That's the most straightforward way.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back