• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Branston Gravel Pit Access and Details. (2 Viewers)

FireMonkeyLord

United Kingdom
Hi. I'm fairly new to birding. I started last year.

After looking around online for new places near me, I found that Branston Gravel Pit has a good number of birds I'm yet to tick off. But I can't seem to find how to get there.

I have limit led mobility and cannot traverse rough terrain very well. I can manage about 1 mile at most over flat ground at a push and if there's somewhere to sit along the way. Is there a route (that's safe to walk comfortably) to get there?

Hi FML. There is a variety of public footpaths which traverse the workings - none are surfaced and all are prone to get muddy/churned up in the rain. In addition there is a need to cross the extraction work access tracks in a number of places. I can't recall many/any seats.

Hi FML. There is a variety of public footpaths which traverse the workings - none are surfaced and all are prone to get muddy/churned up in the rain. In addition there is a need to cross the extraction work access tracks in a number of places. I can't recall many/any seats.
Hi Phil, sounds like it could be difficult for me to get to. Thank you for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back