• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bridge Camera Photography Showcase (7 Viewers)

I would love to hear the story behind the badger shot. It's grrrrrrrrrreat!
Thanks!
This is a sett I have followed for a number of years, so I know their movements quite well. I decided to place my headlamp between myself and where I knew the badgers would be foraging.
The light source was located at ground level with some branches in front of it so it did not illuminate the ground. The tricky part was alignment as I had to get at some stage the subject exactly in the middle between myself and the light source, what required a bit of luck too.
Any q let me know.

I have a used 2014 Fujifilm FinePix 9400 16MP with 50x optical zoom
Photos take at 50x optical:

Great Blue Heron in Montana about 30 meters away
I liked the frost on the heron's back and moving water background.
Herons are neat birds..here in Montana I see them "mousing" in the meadows (actually feeding on voles) when the ponds are frozen.
GreatBlueHeron.png

Mallards on the feed about 200 meters away. I like the soft light and that all 3 were simultaneously feeding at sunrise.Mallards.JPG

Common Merganser pair, Montana about 80 meters away. Once again from Montana.
I like the mixture of ice and open water in the background and the gentle waves in the foreground.
DSCF0035.JPG

Last edited:
A couple more from my 2014 Fujifilm 9400 with 50x optical.
Hen Goldeneye from about 75 meters. Goldeneyes winter here in Montana.
I like the rushing water background.
golden_eye.png
American Coots. I hike a National Wildlife Refuge in Montana every other morning.
Coots were packed tightly together in a raft for about a week.
Shots at 50x and 10x optical zoom...the raft was about 200 meters away.
DSCF0063.JPGDSCF0039.JPG

Spring migration is past it's peak here in Montana.
Mallards are mostly paired up and looking to nest.
This pair was about 50 meters away preening.
MallardsPreening.JPG

Your Fujifilm camera takes some nice photos. I have a Fujifilm Finepix D700 10x 7.1 megapixel camera and after seeing your photos, I’m thinking about getting another Finepix with a more powerful zoom lens. Thanks for posting your photos!
Thank you. The Fujifilm Finepix 9400 is over ten years old and I purchased it used for $200. One major limitation is the fastest shutter speed is 1/1700 second. I just purchased a newer used Nikon P900 for $400. It has 83x optical so I am hoping for crisper photos at 50x optical zoon.
I like photos of waterfowl, and they are wild and flush typically if I am within 100 meters hiking hence the 50x optical zoom.
Both the Finepix 9400 and the Nikon P900 are 16MP sensors, and both shoot only jpg, not raw format files.
Eventually I will upgrade to a "real camera" as my friends who are professional wildlife photographers say.

Montana Wild Turkey mug shot from yesterday's hike:
Gobbler_Close.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back