• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

British Isles Call ID (1 Viewer)

maplekong

Well Known For Being Inexperienced Member
England
Hello!

I would like confirmation of what bird this is from my recording.

Recently I've had a new group of tits hanging around the neighbourhood, and my entire city. They are skittish, won't let me take a good photo, but I am almost certain they are the ones in the recording. Here is one recording, I have loads more if needed.

There is something very confusing about the location of the birds, but I will not include the specific location just to avoid your answers being subconsciously influenced by it.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• Dzee dzeee.m4a.mp4
    570.8 KB
It is very dedicated to sitting in the middle of my tree all day and being alarmed. I'm not sure if it is a great-tit alarm call.

Thanks so much Alexander! They are sporadic, so I thought it was a visiting troop of birds. Here's a recording from today- they were there for two minutes then disappeared. I think we have an adult call here as well. The nest must be well-hidden!

Attachments

• New Recording 19.m4a.mp4
    436.4 KB
The young will only make these begging sounds when one or other of the adults approaches with food, they will be silent otherwise for the sake of safety from predators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back