• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterfly ID (Collected in Solomon Islands) (3 Viewers)

A little context: I intern for a zoological collection, and this specimen caught my eye! Apologies for the poor quality, it has certainly made it harder to identify. The location was just labeled "Solomon Islands", so I can't answer any questions about location beyond that. I am reasonably confident that it belongs to the genus Delias, or at least the subfamily Pierini, but I have had little luck identifying to species. There is an orange patch on the outer wings, between the hind wing and the upper wing. If no one has any luck identifying from this photo, I may get another photo of the outer wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back