• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buying Equipment From Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

RockyRacoon

Is it cheaper to buy certain equipment from Hong Kong?
I didn't really know where to post this because there doesn't appear to be any general equipment forum, however, this does include everything from digiscoping kits to sound recording kits.

I am specifically interested in the pricing of the following:

Nikon Coolpix P5100/Canon A640
Zeiss/Leica/Swarovski Telescopes + Binoculars
Apple MacBook Pro
Sennheiser Microphones

Thanks for any info.

I suppose a lot of it depends on if you are going to Hong Kong to get the products or buying them from ebay for example- You have to hope that the goods are not fakes and that you actually do get them.

A big point on these is that the guarantees may be worthless or you may have to send them back to Hong Kong.

Last edited:
The warranties may not be internationally recognised but the prices are good. You should find them similar to B and H and i've found them 5% cheaper on some items (eg Swarovski bins ). Neil.

It really does depend. If the goods are a lot cheaper then I'd consider going. I'd probably get them insured by English companies after purchase.

loads of threads that cover this subject, I have bought via ebay and found service to be very fast and reliable, stick to sellers with large no's of EU feedback and don't forget that Customs and Excise if picked up will charge an import duty and vat, I have never had the privilege from the far east but have from the USA

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back