• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bynolyt Runner III 10x50 (2 Viewers)

yarrellii

Supporter
A model I come across every now and then and that I find interesting. Bynolyt Runner III 10x50 (there are other configurations as well).

Maybe some Dutch forum members are lucky enough to have some experience with them and care to shed some light.

bynolyt_verrekijker_10_x_50_runner_iii_50_mm_staal_groen_477167_1602837620.jpeg

The looks are extremely similar to other binoculars sold by Levenhuk (not sure if the Sherman Pro or maybe the Sherman Plus) or Vixen, to name a few. As a matter of fact, the catalogue of Bynolyt has seen binoculars sold also from brans such as Opticron, Swift, Vixen, etc. Usually nice optics with an emphasis on value. I had very good experiences with the Foresta Porro series of Vixen, I wonder if these are related. You can find them for very little money.

Any experience? Maybe Jan, Gijs or any other friends of hagelslag, dubblevla and bitterballen? ;)

@Thotmosis Aha, I see you are a wise man with good taste, I bet you won't say no to a nice gerookte paling ;) (Nor would I!)

Bynolyt is a Dutch brand (owned by Technolyt), hence the focus of my question. I suspect the won't sell many units outside Benelux. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to buy a pair of old and very beaten Buzzard (very similar to the old Opticron Verano and Vixen Apex Pro) and I must say I was quite impressed by the quality/price performance. That's why I'm curious.

In Holland they say “a herring per day keeps the doctor away“, I think the same counts for smoked eal (gerookte paling) :giggle:

I have heard of the brand but no experience with it, it’s Dutch though so must be better then this german and austrian brands ;)

But serious as far as I know Bynolyt is Japanese with high QC.

@Thotmosis Aha, I see you are a wise man with good taste, I bet you won't say no to a nice gerookte paling ;) (Nor would I!)

Bynolyt is a Dutch brand (owned by Technolyt), hence the focus of my question. I suspect the won't sell many units outside Benelux. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to buy a pair of old and very beaten Buzzard (very similar to the old Opticron Verano and Vixen Apex Pro) and I must say I was quite impressed by the quality/price performance. That's why I'm curious.
I just went through my scopes and i found an old retractable 15-46x50 Bynolyt scope. So i have a Bynolyt product after all.

@Ruub Gomez Dank u wel! I'm really curious about that series. It seems to be related to some other binoculars by Vixen, Levenhuk, etc. I'll be in the Netherlands this Summer, so I'll try to check on that.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back