• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CA control in the NL Pure and SF (1 Viewer)

I asked Zeiss about it when the SF came out and their answer was that it is the end result of other improvements like clarity (chosen glass types and coatings), position of the lenses and wide FOV.
Sometimes compromises have to be made.
It was extremely visible in the first production run I got (grey version) and a lot less in the current production, but it is still there. Nothing to worry about, it's just present as a thin blue circle at the very end of the FOV.

It's always funny to read that some don't see it, advice others who do to go to a eye doctor while the producer claims it comes with the package.

Jan

It`s always been visible to me (blue ring), but I agree it`s nowhere near as pronounced in the later models.
It`s an exercise in futility expecting another observer to see exactly what you see, and anyway what does it matter ?
The choice at all price points is substantial so finding one that works is pretty straightforward.

I've seen the blue ring in a Razor HD 10x42 back when I was thinking of buying a 10x bin. It's the only time I've ever seen the blue ring in any binocular. I have little experience with 10x and only looked through maybe 6 or 7 different models. Is the blue ring found mostly in higher power binos?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back