• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

California Trip up coast from Yucaipa to Sausalito (1 Viewer)

bunnyrich

United States
Final few months for me here in California. 232 species so far and plenty more to come. As I move back to Utah mid June I decided to turn the drive home into as big of a birding trip as possible-to add as many species as I can.

Locales aren't really fixed and so far it seems I'll make it work as I go. No real time crunch aside from needing to be in Sausalito by the night of the 17th as I've got a Pelagic out to the Farallons scheduled for the 18th. From there some more birding as I go to Nevada, with a forsure stop to try for Himalyan Snowcocks near Elko(I've got a birder friend who has a 14/15 spot for them there.

Now what I'm looking for here is for people on the route from Yucaipa to Sausalito, and then from Sausalito to Elko and even along the coast of the Great Salt Lake who'd be down to do some birding. Right now my main plan is to bounce between the coast and mountains of western California going north to get the most species diversity possible.

Anyhow, looking for good locales(as a Utah and SoCal(inner empire) birder I'm not the most familiar with anything north of Los Angeles- as well as people who'd be down for some birding.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back