• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can anyone ID please? (2 Viewers)

I'll have some as well please! My poor plants are starting to look a teensy bit thirsty now! It did rain a fair bit yesterday afternoon and was pouring down when I finished work at 4pm and it continued on through the evening...well, at least until just after midnight when my better half told me to stop being a nethead and switch off and GO TO SLEEP!!! What's wrong with taking the laptop to bed???
Today it has been quite sunny again, though it did pour down when I was at St Mary's Wetland at about 2pm...and me in just a t-shirt and fleece! Oh well, it's only water!!!

Gill Osborne said:
I'll have some as well please! My poor plants are starting to look a teensy bit thirsty now! It did rain a fair bit yesterday afternoon and was pouring down when I finished work at 4pm and it continued on through the evening...well, at least until just after midnight when my better half told me to stop being a nethead and switch off and GO TO SLEEP!!! What's wrong with taking the laptop to bed???
Today it has been quite sunny again, though it did pour down when I was at St Mary's Wetland at about 2pm...and me in just a t-shirt and fleece! Oh well, it's only water!!!

I think my need is greater than yours - the last time we had a useful amount of rain was August 28/29, and before then it was 25/26 July! There's nothing wrong at all with taking a laptop to bed - if I had one I'd probably do the same!

OK Elizabeth, you can have first call on the rain!!! We haven't had that much up here for a few months, just the odd shower...yesterday was the longest i've known the rain go on for a while! And today when I got soaked at St Mary's... it didn't seem to rain a mile down the road in Whitley Bay!!! I popped into Tynemouth Market and they hadn't seen any rain there!!! It's about three mile or so down from St Mary's. I felt like one of those cartoon characters with a little black raincloud above my head!!! Only lasted a couple of minutes but it didn't half come down!!! And then it was sunny for the rest of the afternoon again! The forecast is a bit better for this week...North winds and unsettled weather! Yes, you did read that right! I work in a shop where the boss cooks all his own pies,hot dinners etc etc and we have the ovens on from about 6am until about 2pm...so this summer's hot weather has been absolute hell for me to endure...i'm not a great lover of very hot weather...think i have some eskimo blood in me somewhere??? Everyone else in the shop, during the winter, is complaining about the cold and wearing two or three jumpers under their overalls...and then there is me with just a t-shirt on and my sleeves rolled up...they call me 'Hard Gill' for some reason???
I just put it down to twenty-odd years of birding in places like St Mary's and Druridge Bay in the winter months......now THERE'S cold!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back