• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you help me name these birds please (1 Viewer)

I am not much of a twitcher (is that still the right phrase) But I love the Wildlife in my garden
I have a lot of different birds in my garden, Can you confirm the name of these two birds I know one is a woodpecker (i dont mean the sparrow, althouigh a great accidental photo in fl;ight :) ) . I get so many birds in the garden more because I put out boiled rice which they are more attracted to, rather than bird seed, The Woodpecker especially likes rice. Is this unuisual?

DSC_5999.JPG
1691322897243.png

I don't know what this one is below, it spends
Most of the time swooping down quickly from the tree and quickly back again it does that all day long

DSC_5963.JPG
1691322702028.png
1691322788940.png

Thanks beforehand

Robert

Attachments

• DSC_5971.JPG
    DSC_5971.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 16
I don't know what this one is below, it spends
Most of the time swooping down quickly from the tree and quickly back again it does that all day long
I think the behaviour you described is called 'flycatching', and in every such sally the bird intends to catch an insect:
Nice pictures; I especially like the aerial capture of that sparrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back