• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you please ID these birds I took in Vancouver, BC last May (Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-4)? (1 Viewer)

Jean-François Hic

Hello,

Can you please ID these birds I took in Vancouver, BC last May (Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-4)?

Thank you,

Jean-François

Attachments

• Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-3A.JPG
    Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-3A.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-3B.JPG
    Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-3B.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-3C.JPG
    Vancouver. BC. May. UFO-3C.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
I'd say hard to exclude a bright Warbling Vireo.

Edit: if the location is wrong and Philly is possible in the location I agree. I do see it as being very bright, so I guess possible even if it is Vancouver, but distinguishing those 2 is too difficult for me.

Last edited:
I'd say hard to exclude a bright Warbling Vireo.

Edit: if the location is wrong and Philly is possible in the location I agree. I do see it as being very bright, so I guess possible even if it is Vancouver, but distinguishing those 2 is too difficult for me.
Agreed. This looks most like a Philly Vireo, but if the location is correct it would be wise to take caution in ruling out a bright Warbling Vireo. I have to wonder if the location is wrong though since another post by this same observer photo'd a Cape May Warbler that they also thought was from BC. Of course we must defer to the poster, but if they found both of these birds in BC without knowing what either of them were they should start buying lottery tickets.

Last edited:
Agreed. This looks most like a Philly Vireo, but if the location is correct it would be wise to take caution in ruling out a bright Warbling Vireo. I have to wonder if the location is wrong though since another post by this same observer photo'd a Cape May Warbler that they also thought was from BC. Of course we must defer to the poster, but if they found both of these birds in BC without knowing what either of them were they should start buying lottery tickets.
There are no eBird records in May of Philadelphia Vireo for southern British Columbia, and only one May record for Washington State.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back