• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carl Zeiss Jena 8x32 rubber armoured (1 Viewer)

Eledu

Spain
hello.
I found these Zeiss Jena in an antique shop. does anyone know them? I can't find any information about them. Thank you very much. Greetings from Spain.

Attachments

• F79C7C55-F0FB-412D-8E9D-B3082C7FD8C6.png
    F79C7C55-F0FB-412D-8E9D-B3082C7FD8C6.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

I'm going to move your thread to the Zeiss section of the Forum and you'll get responses emailed to you when someone replies.

The Notarem were Jena's first commercial attempt at roof binoculars - I think from about 1979/80. More common in the leather clad version. They were made long before modern coatings so aren't the brightest and optically not up to their Porro's, but are an interesting piece of history. They're often in need of re-collimation but you might be lucky.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum y)

I'm going to move your thread to the Zeiss section of the Forum and you'll get responses emailed to you when someone replies.
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum y)

I'm going to move your thread to the Zeiss section of the Forum and you'll get responses emailed to you when someone replies

The Notarem were Jena's first commercial attempt at roof binoculars - I think from about 1979/80. More common in the leather clad version. They were made long before modern coatings so aren't the brightest and optically not up to their Porro's, but are an interesting piece of history. They're often in need of re-collimation but you might be lucky.
Hola. Tengo unos Notarem revestidos de cuero y los uso para tener en la ventana de mi casa en el pueblo. Había pensado en estos recubiertos de goma para mi hijo. Tienen pinta de ser duros y resistentes.
Gracias y un saludo

Hola. Tengo unos Notarem revestidos de cuero y los uso para tener en la ventana de mi casa en el pueblo. Había pensado en estos recubiertos de goma para mi hijo. Tienen pinta de ser duros y resistentes.
Gracias y un saludo
Optically the leather clad are identical to the rubber version.

Muchas gracias por el recibimiento.
Revisaré en detalle esas publicaciones.
Saludos
Hola Eledu! Welcome to Birdforum (y)

Por favor toma en consideración, que Birdforum es un sitio exclusivamente de habla inglesa. De ahora en más te pediríamos hacer tus publicaciones en inglés. Gracias.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back