• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap microscope (1 Viewer)

Surreybirder

Ken Noble
I splashed out £20 and bought the Bysameyee USB digital microscope, on the basis that I enjoy trying to ID insects that I've found in our garden and that it's not a huge amount of money to risk. I have found it quite fun to use, certainly enabling me to get shots of insects that my wife's bridge camera couldn't focus on. I'll attach a few shots that show what it will do. (The subject insects are about 3 mms long.) The gadget is not very robust.... the USB connection doesn't look as if it will last very long. But it's fairly easy to use and it's already enabled me to find a few insects that I hadn't seen previously. One thing I didn't like was that when I applied for the 'free stand' that they advertise, they said that they would only send it if I gave them a five-star rating on Amazon. For that reason, I gave them three-star! I do have principles. (Interestingly, Amazon wouldn't publish the review as it violated their policy, apparently!! )You can see the product here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SR7YPV5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• Ladybird II tbc ex 2022_0916_172227_edited.jpg
    Ladybird II tbc ex 2022_0916_172227_edited.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 8
  • Scymnus interruptus tbc @2022_0916_163130_edited_edited.jpg
    Scymnus interruptus tbc @2022_0916_163130_edited_edited.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
  • weevil ex 2022_0915_103414_edited.jpg
    weevil ex 2022_0915_103414_edited.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 8
I splashed out £20 and bought the Bysameyee USB digital microscope, on the basis that I enjoy trying to ID insects that I've found in our garden and that it's not a huge amount of money to risk. I have found it quite fun to use, certainly enabling me to get shots of insects that my wife's bridge camera couldn't focus on. I'll attach a few shots that show what it will do. (The subject insects are about 3 mms long.) The gadget is not very robust.... the USB connection doesn't look as if it will last very long. But it's fairly easy to use and it's already enabled me to find a few insects that I hadn't seen previously. One thing I didn't like was that when I applied for the 'free stand' that they advertise, they said that they would only send it if I gave them a five-star rating on Amazon. For that reason, I gave them three-star! I do have principles. (Interestingly, Amazon wouldn't publish the review as it violated their policy, apparently!! )You can see the product here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SR7YPV5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I presume you reported them to Amazon.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back