• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheshire And Wirral Birding: Hills, Lowland and Coast (7 Viewers)

Will have to be the Sunday that I am going now. Will make a day of it. Might make a trip to Moore, Burton Mere ......I would love to go Richmond Bank but closed on Sunday is nt it?

The tip next to Richmond Bank is closed from lunchtime on Saturday till Monday morning but some gulls will still be present (a weekday is best to visit RB). Some of the gulls do visit Moore also, plus you have Smew, etc there.

CB

Hi everyone

I will be back in the UK visiting my mum in Macclesfield later this month and was hoping to get some gull watching in. Looks like good stuff at Richmond Bank - can someone point me to a source of info on this - directions and presumably you need a scope etc?

Many thanks

Clive Harris

Weekdays are best to visit here.

CB

Today - 2 Great White Egrets at Parkgate plus 2 more at Ince Marshes; Slavonian Grebe at Astbury SQ; Smew at Moore NR; 14 Waxwings at Irby plus 25 at Rock Ferry, 40 at Bebbington and 20 at Kelsall; 16 Scaup and Greenshank at Leasowe; Brent Goose at Winsford; 2 Jack Snipes and 4 Rock Pipits at Red Rocks; 2 Mediterranean Gulls and 132 Brent Geese at Hoylake;

Yesterday - Iceland Gull, Smew and Bittern at Moore NR;

CB

just back from astbury mere, pleasant few hours watching the slav grebe, showing well NW corner of the mere. Later on it flew over to the south side. Nice bird! Didnt see any scaup though!

Today - 2 Great White Egrets at Parkgate; Slavonian Grebe at Astbury SQ; Glaucous Gull at Richmond Bank; 60 Waxwings at Widnes plus 32 at Irby; 4 Spotted Redshanks at Burton Mere Wetlands; 35 Scaup at Leasowe plus 10 at Red Rocks; Mediterranean Gull at Hoylake; Hen Harrier at Risley Moss; Ruff and 20 Purple Sandpipers at New Brighton ML;

CB

Today - 2 Glaucous Gulls. 5 Iceland Gulls and 5 Yellow-legged Gulls at Richmond Bank; Slavonian Grebe at Astbury SQ; Smew at Moore NR; 25 Waxwings and 15+ Corn Buntings at Winwick; 12 Waxwings at Irby plus 25 at Heswall; Black-throated Diver and 17 Purple Sandpipers at Hilbre; 18 Purple Sandpipers at New Brighton ML; 12 Scaup at Leasowe; 32 Bramblings and 5+ Willow Tits at Woolston Eyes;

CB

3Med Gulls at Hoylake today, two of which were different birds to the ones here in the last week (wp adult with a green darvic ring on left and a 2nd winter)

Also an adult Caspian and what appeared to be a 3rd winter Caspian (but I've not checked all my BB article hybrid points yet!

Too many gulls by a factor of 500 for me to work through

Today - Glaucous Gull, 2 Iceland Gulls, Yellow-legged Gull and Mediterranean Gull at Richmond Bank; 20 Waxwings at Irby plus up to 95 in Runcorn; c30 Purple Sandpipers at New Brighton ML; Shag at Leasowe; 14,500 Herring Gulls at Hoylake;

Yesterday - Great White Egret at Parkgate;

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back