• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Choosing new ISP (1 Viewer)

T0ny

Okillre Member
Can anyone help me, please ? BT have decided to introduce a usage limit on their unlimited 24/7 Surftime package, which I currnetly use. I am seeking another ISP which actually understands that 'unlimited 24/7 Internet access' means just that - a maximum of 732 hours on-line per month, with no cut-off after two or four hours usage - and will accept payment by direct debit, standing order, or cash. Has anyone any suggestions as to where I can find such a beast ? I cannot even get a response from the BT site regarding Broadband, and my e-mails go unanswered.

Tony

Well, whatever you do, dont go with Glow Internet!

We signed up to their promise of "24 / 7" "no restriction" service, but if we go online for more than 2 or 3 hours a day we have to phone up and get a good ticking off for using outside of their terms of service (more than 24 hours a day 7 days a week???). It takes us at least 12 trys to connect during busy times, and the speeds arent great!

Take a look in the shops for .net magaine, it often has sections on anytime ISPs in it.

I'm with Ntl and have been so for years. Some people have had problems in the past, but I can't fault the service that I have had.

I have the 128 kps Broadband which works out at £14.99 per month and they have half price installation at present (£25). If you want the next up, the 600 kps service is £24.99 per month with free installation. Of course you need to have Ntl in your area or whatever the local firm is called.

Just changed to Tiscali after getting extremely fed up with Freeserve's 2 hr hoof out!! So far so good and their broadband will be £19.99 pr month when we finally get it out here in the sticks!!

El Annie :t:

Thanks one and all for your suggestions - I'll certainly try a copy of .Net next time I see one. Discovered that Virgin.net take direct debit, and advertise 'no restrictions' so thought I'd try them. Three times I tried to sign up on-line, only to be dumped right back at their home page when everything went Wahoonie-shaped. By the way, Annie, I think my sticks are stickier than yours - even if broadband reaches Broadland (no, not Broadmoor - not yet), apparently I will not reap the entire benefit, as I am too far from the exchange. They don't have cables that stretch a mile, apparently.

Ho hum.

Tony

I've been with Telewest Broadband since October and so far not experienced any major problems . . . and the price is better than anything I've seen anyone else offer! And it is 24/7!

B :)

Hi all
I left Demon some time ago as I was not alone in experiencing problems getting my emails. I am also dischuffed at BT putting a limit on my surf time. I think I read somewhere recently that the beeb are providing a service or was I dreaming. Seem to think it was cheaper than BT.

This thread has ben interesting to read as I am thinking of changing yet again.

burhinus

We have 24/7 high speed cable... we own our own modem and we are on all the time.. for this we pay about 34.95 a month...it is a good deal for us.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back