• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cisticolas from Ethiopia (1 Viewer)

fotoemin

Hi to all,

Last three weeks we were enjoying the birds of Ethiopia, especially focused on some areas and had near 400 species in 16 days. We had also some id challenges too, especially on Cisticolas. I had able to attach 5 photos belongs to 3 different individuals. I will try to add three photos more to this post.

I wrote where we saw them and the elevation.

Best,
Emin

Attachments

• Cisticola12_North of Sululta plains_2600 meters.jpg
    Cisticola12_North of Sululta plains_2600 meters.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Cisticola13_North of Sululta plains_2600 meters.jpg
    Cisticola13_North of Sululta plains_2600 meters.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Cisticola21_Debre libanos Monastry_2400 meters.jpg
    Cisticola21_Debre libanos Monastry_2400 meters.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Cisticola31_Jemma valley_2150 meters.jpg
    Cisticola31_Jemma valley_2150 meters.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Cisticola32_Jemma valley_2150 meters.jpg
    Cisticola32_Jemma valley_2150 meters.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 28
Here three more photos belongs to 2 different individual(plus one with two birds in one photo. In this photo, i have the sound recording of the right standing individual and can send as an e-mail if necessary)

Attachments

• Cisticola41_Jemma valley_2400 meters.jpg
    Cisticola41_Jemma valley_2400 meters.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 33
  • Cisticola42_Jemma valley_2400 meters.jpg
    Cisticola42_Jemma valley_2400 meters.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Cisticola51_Jemma valley_2320 meters.jpg
    Cisticola51_Jemma valley_2320 meters.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 26
No experts on these? I have more questions on the way. If you think it is impossible to identify these by photos, location and elevation you can say that.

You can see the information mentioned above by bringing the mouse on the photo but not clicking.

Hi to all,

Last three weeks we were enjoying the birds of Ethiopia, especially focused on some areas and had near 400 species in 16 days. We had also some id challenges too, especially on Cisticolas. I had able to attach 5 photos belongs to 3 different individuals. I will try to add three photos more to this post.

I wrote where we saw them and the elevation.

Best,
Emin

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back