• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cleaning camera and bins (1 Viewer)

welove2travel

Does it matter what kind of lens cleaner I buy or any that are sold for camera use safe? I also want to buy some lens tissue paper so I don't have to worry about cleaning the re-usable ones or grit sticking on them. Is any brand safe or recommended?

Anything suitable for cameras should be fine on binoculars. Personally I try to clean them as little as possible and mainly use a pump blower and soft brush. Tissue wise the zeiss lenswipes seem to do the job.

Does it matter what kind of lens cleaner I buy or any that are sold for camera use safe? I also want to buy some lens tissue paper so I don't have to worry about cleaning the re-usable ones or grit sticking on them. Is any brand safe or recommended?
Don't use any ammonia based window cleaner like Windex. It might be okay, but it is not appropriate for polycarbonate lenses or filters or some coatings. Don't take a chance. Plain water is fine. Zeiss wipes are excellent and I carry them in all my camera bags.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back