• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collared Dove back in nest (1 Viewer)

Dale5

Hi all,

Went up my garden this morning, to find that Collared Dove is back in the nest. So they must be nesting again. o:) - They don't waste any time do they? :'D

The adult was just sitting in the nest, this has been 6 days since Baby dove fledged.
My family have spotted baby dove in the garden whilst I was at work, I not saw baby dove as yet, but noticed that the adult doves are together a lot more and keep venturing into the conifer trees. I can only assume that they are feeding Baby dove in there.
So it's looks like there are more little doves to come. o:)

Oh yes, I did a quick inspection on the Woodpecker nestbox yesterday, it appears that the hole is getting bigger, they been drilling the hole and the decaying log much more than before. ;)
I not spotted them by the nestbox as yet. But hope they continue to make this their nesting home.

Dale :t:

Dale5 said:
So they must be nesting again. o:) - They don't waste any time do they? :'D
Hi Dale,
Crickey,they certainly don't do they? ;)
No wonder there are SO many of them about!!!
Good news about the Woodpeckers,I really hope they choose your box and raise a family for you to see!
Best wishes,

Hi Dale,

You could end up with a full Nursery at this rate!!!! ;)

Love to see another photo of baby Dove if you can find him/her :t:

Happy Birding

They sure are fast workers ain't they!! :-O
Thanks for the news Dale, and good luck with those Woodpeckers,
All the best, Judo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back