• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Buzzard and Two Lesser Black Backed Gulls. (1 Viewer)

coaltit

United Kingdom
At approximately 3:00 pm this afternoon Saturday 09/03/2024 seen up above in the sky from my back garden I had momentarily just before been listening to a Lesser Black Backed gull calling the kind of call you would hear on the coastline when suddenly these birds drifted over head and came into contact with a Common Buzzard, where they called even more the Buzzard hardly took any notice and slowly drifted across and out of sight alongside with the gulls, no doubt a common thing to see the Interaction of these two species together like this but for myself perhaps the first time to witness this event with gulls.

I saw a Buzzard with a rabbit fairly high up having to take it through a throng of Lesser Black Backed Gulls. They kept flying at it but luckily it didn't drop the meal for the family. If it did drop it, the Lesser Blacks would not have been able to access it because of the vegetation it would have fallen into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back