• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Chiffchaff (1 Viewer)

AGDK

Hello

Today I saw this bird in a bush along the road on the country side, around a kilometre from the nearest forest.. I stopped the car and got this quick shot of it.. I was waiting for it to move, but it didn't and when I drove a bit closer for a better angle, it disappeared into the grass and couldn't locate it again..

My impression at first sight was a Common Chiffchaff, but maybe I'm just missing something obvious... For me the general jizz fits, dark legs, short wings, back and belly colour etc.. I have never seen a Common Chiffchaff at this place before and the time of the year is odd as well..

It's unfortunately the only sharp picture I have...

Can anyone with their experience confirm it's a Common Chiffchaff or something else ?

Attachments

• Chif Chaf.jpg
    Chif Chaf.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 26
OK, thanks for your input.. I'm pretty sure it was a Chiffchaff, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss another simple option.. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back