• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Common Darter Germany July 2012 (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Please confirm this is a Common Darter (mature?) female. Pic taken in July, but just got Dijkstra's field guide to the Dragonflies of Britain and Europe, so I have started sorting through my folders and found this one under Migrant Hawker which it is clearly not. BTW, this field guide is really good, everytime I use it I spot another detail I missed last time:t:
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_3605.JPG
    DSC_3605.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_3607.jpg
    DSC_3607.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 43
Hi Andy

Just passing - but your first picture shows black going down the side of the frons and that eliminates Common Darter plus it is an immature male from the appendages. Back to the cooking!

Hi Andy

Just passing - but your first picture shows black going down the side of the frons and that eliminates Common Darter plus it is an immature male from the appendages. Back to the cooking!
Thanks Paul, I'll delve further

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back