• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

County Louth (formerly Dundalk Bay) local patch. (1 Viewer)

Happy Christmas everyone!

A single twite with a flock of finches on the waste ground opposite Oystercove in Carlingford yesterday..

todays pic of avenue road waxwing

Yes.Set on auto ,iso 400,1/60, with canon lens 400mm f5.6.
Here are a few pics from today,dark eye argentatus herring clogher and green wing tag hen harrier cruiestown.

Attachments

• hen har cruies 3.jpg
    hen har cruies 3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 65
  • forum 8 x7  ok.jpg
    forum 8 x7 ok.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 67
  • forum  8 x 7.jpg
    forum 8 x 7.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 65
  • hen har  forum 1111111111.jpg
    hen har forum 1111111111.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 276
Great shots - any comparison shots? Was he biger then the agenteus?

Out briefly around bellurgan and ballymascanlon the sound of gun shots was constant...several shooters in marsh beside bellurgan - after snipe i suppose?

20 odd greenland white-fronted geese at lurgangreen yesterday per Enda. It will be interesting to see if they stay and where they go when not at lurgangreen...

20 odd greenland white-fronted geese at lurgangreen yesterday per Enda. It will be interesting to see if they stay and where they go when not at lurgangreen...

Wing tagged Hen Har on the deck in Cruiestown fields, brambling also seen today.

Attachments

• IMG_9175_edited.jpg
    IMG_9175_edited.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 64
Has anyone seen Waxwings lately, starting new yearly list tomorrow, Waxwings would make a great start.
A happy and peaceful New Year to you all.

Has anyone seen Waxwings lately, starting new yearly list tomorrow, Waxwings would make a great start.
A happy and peaceful New Year to you all.
Hi Frankie
They have been present in the area of the Health Board building that was done up last year, just south of the Barrack Street junction, on the Dundalk Bypass - just a few hundred yards up from the docks.

Due to other duties (Rose, my wife was in labour and wouldn't have appreciated me stopping!:eek!:) I didn't get a chance to do a full count (2 yesterday and 5 today).
By the way for those interested, Rose had a baby boy, 9lb 1oz and both Mammy and child are fine. Off now back to hospital in Newry to see if we can agree on a name for him! He ruined my chances of getting a last few birds on my list for 2008! ;)

A VERY HAPPY AND BIRD FILLED 2009 TO ALL ON THE FORUM AND THANKS FOR MAKING 2008 SUCH AN ENJOYABLE BIRDING YEAR!!!!! :t:

Hi Frankie
They have been present in the area of the Health Board building that was done up last year, just south of the Barrack Street junction, on the Dundalk Bypass - just a few hundred yards up from the docks.

Due to other duties (Rose, my wife was in labour and wouldn't have appreciated me stopping!:eek!:) I didn't get a chance to do a full count (2 yesterday and 5 today).
By the way for those interested, Rose had a baby boy, 9lb 1oz and both Mammy and child are fine. Off now back to hospital in Newry to see if we can agree on a name for him! He ruined my chances of getting a last few birds on my list for 2008! ;)

A VERY HAPPY AND BIRD FILLED 2009 TO ALL ON THE FORUM AND THANKS FOR MAKING 2008 SUCH AN ENJOYABLE BIRDING YEAR!!!!! :t:

Congratulations Derek & Rose
happy new year to all

Last edited:
Congratulations Derek and Rose, what terrific news and i hardly need to wish you both a Happy New Year and what a new beginning to the year!
Thankjs and all the best to everyone for 2009!
Breffni

Congratulations to Derek & Rose, great news. Will be waiting on exciting news from Peter and Olivia in the near future!! Happy New Year.

Regarding the woodpecker the story is that it is still in the area but has moved to the garden two doors down past the thatched house - unfortuntely this garden is not accessible from the road.

Regarding the race - as far as i know it stands at 176 [CORRECTION 175] birds each for Gerry and Enda, unless someone else with a higher score pops out of the woodwork - Congrats to both!

I set up a web page here: http://birdslouth.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html - this is to be a placeholder for events and news - i only expect to undate it once a month with forthcoming events and news.

Last edited:
Regarding the woodpecker the story is that it is still in the area but has moved to the garden two doors down past the thatched house - unfortuntely this garden is not accessible from the road.

Regarding the race - as far as i know it stands at 176 birds each for Gerry and Enda, unless someone else with a higher score pops out of the woodwork - Congrats to both!

I set up a web page here: http://birdslouth.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html - this is to be a placeholder for events and news - i only expect to undate it once a month with forthcoming events and news.

Myself and Enda ended up with 175 each for the year .Congratulations to Derek and Rose.I had a look for pecker today did not see him but did hear him pecing at trees at back of the garden a few times and the garden next door had him on the nuts a few times yesterday.A pale b .h. or com gull at Lurgangreen and 2 hen harriers at Cruiestown.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back