• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park, Billingham. UK (1 Viewer)

hi Ian
went back to feeding station briefly today
all the usual but with one exception a Nuthatch, a first for me, it was a bit too far away for a decent photo (must invest in a bigger lens) but i got a couple of average shots. im not sure how to put a thumbnail on the reply to show you but i sent a pic to TBC
regards
steve

Great find Steve :t:

Nuthatch were around in 2005 but I've not seen one since. I half thought I heard one when we were there yesterday going 'peep' but dismissed it as there were only a couple of calls - hopefully it will stick around.

nuthatch

thanks Ian
hopefullt this will work
again sorry about the quality but it's a start
regards
steve

Attachments

• NUTHATCH 03.jpg
    NUTHATCH 03.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 133
Nothing much new to see around the reserve this morning. The smaller ponds were frozen but the large one was ice free.

GSW in the feeding station again as was the male Blackcap.

5.50pm though a Short-eared Owl crosssed north to south over the A1185 by the entrance to the reserve heading towards Cowpen Bewley.

Attachments

• IMG_7751ao.JPG
    IMG_7751ao.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7912ao.JPG
    IMG_7912ao.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7950ao.JPG
    IMG_7950ao.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7900ao.JPG
    IMG_7900ao.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7994ao.JPG
    IMG_7994ao.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 110
It was fine this morning so I paid my weekly Sat morning visit. The weather was fine but the sky was heavy with cloud making it quite dull. At least the strong winds of the last few days had abated and the rain held off.

The walk to and from the main pond produce little in the way of birds. Around a dozen Yellowhammer were in the long hedge by Activity Centre and a few Great Tit and Blue Tit. Three of the white winged Carrion Crow were dotted about the cut grass and four Mallard and three Mute Swan were on the small ponds by the car park.

The main pond was pretty quiet as well with only around a dozen gulls present. All of the Black-headed. As I reached the pond Canada Goose x2 flew over and circled as if they were going to land but in the end continued on north. Goldeneye x7 present though only one male seen. Gadwall c.12 were dotted about in pairs. Little Grebe x2 though both at opposite ends of the pond. Others present Shoveler x6, Tufted Duck c.12, Moorhen, Coot, Pochard c.12 and the ubiquitous Mallard.

Heading back towards the car park via Faith Wood I came across a Kestrel and Long-tailed Tit x3. The grey Wagtail was once again flitting up and down the stream by the wooden hump back bridge and a couple of Wren and Reed Bunting were alongside the Boardwalk. A GSW was in the trees there.

I called in at the feeding station which as late was full of birds 40+ one second and devoid of any the next second. I suspected a Sparrowhawk being around but I never saw it. A GSW female made frequent visits but there was no prolonged stay. Birds present included - Great Tit, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Coal Tit x1, Yellowhammer c.10, Tree Sparrow c.20, Blackbird x3, Robin x2, Reed Bunting c.5, Dunnock and Wren.

Attachments

• IMG_0803ao.JPG
    IMG_0803ao.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0811ao.JPG
    IMG_0811ao.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0817ao.JPG
    IMG_0817ao.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0819ao.JPG
    IMG_0819ao.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0824ao.JPG
    IMG_0824ao.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 100
A wild windy day but fine and temperatures not bad at around 10°C.

I got dropped off at the car park around 9.00pm and headed up the drive. Mallard and Mute Swan were on the smaller ponds. The long hedge by the Activity Centre held Yellowhammer c.12, Dunnock, Bullfinch, Great Tit and Blackbird.

On reaching the railway line I thought it was a pigeon that took off from the hedge heading north but was blown back south by the strong winds. As it passed overhead I saw it was a Sparrowhawk.

The main pond was quite choppy and the ducks were mostly taking shelter along the west edge - Tufted Duck, Mallard, Pochard, Shoveler and Little Grebe. Gadwall, Coot and Goldeneye seemed unafftected as they were spread over the pond. At least seven Goldeneye were present including two males. Very few gulls around. One Common Gull on the water when I arrived and shortly afterwards a couple of Herring Gull and LBB Gull arrived with Black-headed Gull c.12. Another Sparrowhawk was sat by the dead tree preeening.

I didn't see much else apart from Long-tailed Tit as I headed back to the car park and feeding station.

The feeding station was very active at times with 60+ birds coming in - though nothing out of the ordinary. Yellowhammer, Tree Sparrow, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Robin, Blackbird, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Dunnock, Wren and a Bullfinch.

Following the path behind the feeding station to the next group of ponds I came across another three Goldeneye - two males and a female. The 'white-winged' Crows x4 were sat together in a hedge sheltering from the wind along with two normal ones. Whilst watching them Rook x6 flew over.

Attachments

• IMG_1203ao.JPG
    IMG_1203ao.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1831ao.JPG
    IMG_1831ao.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1535aao.JPG
    IMG_1535aao.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1218ao.JPG
    IMG_1218ao.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1197co.JPG
    IMG_1197co.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 114
I had a quick wander around yesterday afternoon. Bright and sunny starting off but overcast and getting pretty windy by the time I left.

Not a great deal away from the main pond. On the way to the pond just a few Goldfinch c.8 in the alders by the railway lines and a Stonechat on the fence line.

A Cormorant was on the pond which has been there on and off a few times this year even if missed off the species list! A few more Tufted Duck than of late as well. Everything else was pretty much the same. Around 50 BH Gull present but no sign of the Little Gull today. Goldeneye x7 incl. two males still present.

It's not often I have a wander up the hill but I did this afternoon. On the north side I came across an owl pellet likely from a Short-eared Owl though Barn Owl is possible. A coule of people have mentioned seeing a Little Owl around as well but I've not connected with it yet.

A Skylark was on the north slope as well with a few Bullfinch and Yellowhammer at the bottom of the hill. The beck there held Shelduck x5 as well as several Mallard, Moorhen and Coot.

Walking through Faith Wood the ony birds in sight were Goldfinch c.6, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Wren and Reed Bunting though a possible Willow Tit by one of the bridges. A GSW flew overhead towards the car park.

No food left in the feeding station though plenty of birds still coming in to feed including a GSW.

Attachments

• IMG_1949boo.JPG
    IMG_1949boo.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1954aoo.JPG
    IMG_1954aoo.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2580ao.JPG
    IMG_2580ao.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2596ao.JPG
    IMG_2596ao.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2521ao.JPG
    IMG_2521ao.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 72
Yesterday morning as part of a Durham Bird Club ID workshop we had a look around the Park. It was a sunny morning but the strong winds had driven us from the Dormans Pool area.

Looks like the Park staff have stopped providing food in the feeding station as there wasn't a scrap of food on the tables and not one peanut in the feeders - hence no birds at all when we arrived. After putting out a few sunflower hearts and some peanuts a few birds appeared including Great Tit, Chaffinch, Yellowhammer, Dunnock, Goldfinch, Reed Bunting, Tree Sparrow and Long-tailed Tit.

On checking the small ponds by the car park we saw a flock around a dozen birds on the ground picking up seed comprising Tree Sparow and Reed Bunting. Crow x4 with white primaries were on the grass nearby and a pair of Mallard on the ponds.

Following the path by the hedge and then the railway line there was little to see apart from the odd Yellowhammer and a Stonechat.

There were quite a few birds on the main pond - Tufted Duck, Goldeneye c.6 incl. 2 males, Pochard c.8, Shoveler x4, Little Grebe x2, Gadwall c.6, Mallard, Coot and Moorhen. A Kestrel was over the hill. Around 20 gulls were present virtually all Black-headed, but no Little Gull. The bushes on the west side held Magpie and pigeon.

Nothing else new seen on the way back to the car park.

A better morning than forecast. Still pretty windy and cloudy but at least some sun occasionally and the temperatures weren't too bad.

From entering the park in the western corner the first birds seen were Bullfinch x4. Little else was seen at all before reaching the main pond apart from of note the Mute Swan on the small pool by the car park were sitting on it's new nest - likewise the ones on the main pond.

Around 20 BH Gull present. Goldeneye numbers unchanged with 2 drake and 7 females. Gadwall numbers seem to have increased with 12 present and slightly more Tufted Duck than my last visit. Just one pair of Shoveler today. The only other noteworthy spectacle was a make Kestrel flying over the pond end to end 6-8' above the water before climbing up to land on a pylon at the south side where I later saw a sparse nest has been built.

Following the path around the pond behind the hill and over the footbridge I saw a Little Grebe by the half submerged wheelbarrow. A pair of Grey Wagtail were busy feeding on the muddy banks.

It was a little blustery making my way back to the car park with the strong southerly winds. Not a scrap of food in the feeding station again. On putting out some sunflower hearts, fat balls and peanuts it wasn't long before the usual suspects arrived. A pair of Song Thrush were chasing each opther around in the wood behind the screen in between calling. It was good to see a pair of Coal Tit present rather than just the one I've usually seen.

Attachments

• IMG_8197ao.JPG
    IMG_8197ao.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8392ao.JPG
    IMG_8392ao.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8512ao.JPG
    IMG_8512ao.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8837ao.JPG
    IMG_8837ao.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8779ao.JPG
    IMG_8779ao.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 67
A fine but chilly blustery morning.

The Park was pretty quiet on the whole with very little to see between the car park and the main pond apart from the Mallard and Mute Swan on the car park ponds.

Nothing had changed on the main ponds the Goldeneye are still present as are the Gadwall.

Not a scrap of food in the feeding station though the car park bushes were full of birds. Within minutes of putting out some sunflower hearts and peanuts the Blackbirds, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Reed Bunting, Tree Sparrow, Dunnock and Yellowhammer flew in for a feed. Shortly after the Coal Tit x2 appeared as well as a Wren and Goldfinch x5.

Best sighting though was a Bank Vole that was present the whole hour I was there. It was mostly under the first slice of tree trunk to the left of the viewing screen though it also popped out in the brishwood pile immediately on the right below the screen and a point halfway between the two - obviously there's a tunnel run there.

Attachments

• IMG_1324ao.JPG
    IMG_1324ao.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1337ao.JPG
    IMG_1337ao.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1108ao.JPG
    IMG_1108ao.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0973ao.JPG
    IMG_0973ao.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1279ao.JPG
    IMG_1279ao.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 72
9:2

A miserable chilly morning with wall to walll cloud cover giving an even dull greyness to the day. A little on the chilly side as well at 8°F with a light northerly but disctintcly chilly wind.

Not a lot to report on between the car park and the main pond. Just a few tits and Reed Bunting seen.

The pond looked pretty quiet too. 9:2 relates to the Goldeneye - they're just about all gone - only two females remaining today. I dare say they've made use of the strong south-westerlies the last few days. Only noteworthy sightings were three Little Grebe, two of whcih were nest building in the hide corner. Also several Coot gathering nesting material.

The walk back to the car park was pretty uneventful as well. Near the activity centre several Yellowhammer were belting out their song from the top of the hedge and a pair of Great Spotted Woodpecker in the young alders were creating quite a racket.

In the rushes by the car park ponds Reed Bunting were feeding and 'singing', also A Blue Tit was demolishing the head of a rush. A pair of Wren were flitting about by the bridge one of them singing it's heart out.

After putting out some food in the feeding station the tits were taking food before I'd even left the tables. As soon as I reached the viewing slit the Reed Bunting, Robin and Dunnock were there as well shortly followed by Tree Sparrow and Yellowhammer. Not as busy as it has bene but 30-40 birds still coming in. Goldfinch and Bullfinch were in the trees over head and a Wren singing from the brushwood piles beside the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_3124ao.JPG
    IMG_3124ao.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3127ao.JPG
    IMG_3127ao.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3163ao.JPG
    IMG_3163ao.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3266ao.JPG
    IMG_3266ao.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3191ao.JPG
    IMG_3191ao.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 79
With a few Sand Martin, Wheatear and Chiffchaff being reported nearby I was hoping I might connect with a migrant this morning but no joy.

It was a bit of a grey day with blanket cloud and a cold NW wind keeping temperatures down to around 8°C.

Having been dropped at the car park I headed along the board walk. Wren, Dunnock and Great Tit were in the bushes and a Reed Bunting singing behind the filter bed. A Great Spotted Woodpecker was in the trees before the hump bridge. A pair of Grey Wagtail were just up from the bridge where a Wren was also foraging.

Heading over to the sewage works fence it was nice to come across a Treecreeper in the first hawthorn of the hedge - they're been few and far between this winter. There was little along the hedge apart from Balckbird, pigeons and a pair of Chaffinch. On crossing the duck boards a pair of Magpie were sat in an alder perring down where I saw one of the brown Sparrowhawk on the ground. On seeing me it was up and off over Faith Wood towards the beck. With the new pipepline section over the stream just being finalised hopefully it won't be too long before the path through Faith Wood is re-opened. The latest Park newsletter arrived today saying the end of March beginning of April.

A check of the alders trees yielded just Goldfinch around 20 of them by the beck and a few tits.

The main pond was very quiet. Most numerous species were the Coot x24. Gadwall x8, Tufted Duck, Pochard, Mallard and Moorhen. No sign of any Goldeneye at all today. Black-headed Gull x20 arrived from the tip and landed on the water.

Following the path alongside the railway line towards the road several Yellowhammer were in the bushes singing heartily and male Stonechat was on the fence near the start of the hedge.

The pair of Mute Swan were on the ponds by the car park and the white winged Crow on the grass and in the bushes nearby.

No food in the feeding station again - despite the newsletter advising people to continue feeding until at least May! Great Tit, Reed Bunting, Chaffinch appeared as soon as I put some out. Shortly followed by Dunnock, Tree Sparrow, Blue Tit, Coal Tit and Robin. Goldfinch were in the bushes overhead and a Wren was singing to the right of the screen. A single Greenfinch eventually appeared.

Attachments

• IMG_4270ao.JPG
    IMG_4270ao.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4293ao.JPG
    IMG_4293ao.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4323ao.JPG
    IMG_4323ao.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4347ao.JPG
    IMG_4347ao.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4362ao.JPG
    IMG_4362ao.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 67
A lovely Spring morning for a wander around the Park. Overcast but bright feeling quite mild and next to no wind.

Plenty of birds singing today - mostly Wren, Dunnock, Blackbird, Goldfinch and Yellowhammer.

I got dropped off at the car park. Three new small feeding tables between the tyres and the hedge and even quite a bit of food on them as well as in the feeding station. Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting and Tree Sparrow were taking advantage. In the feeding station it was mostly Tits and Tree Sparrow. First rat of the month present as well - I thought they'd all gone. It was nice to see a Treecreeper in the trees by the gate.

Some work was ongoing by the wooden hump bridge so not a bird in sight along the stream. The sewage works fence line held numerous Dunnock, Blackbird and Yellowhammer all singing away plus a few Long-tail Tit. The far end of the fence in the blackthorn bushes were Bullfinch x4. A Great Spotted Woodpecker was in the hedge as well which flew off north. Not a great deal else between here and the main pond just a few tits, Goldfinch and a Kestrel.

The main pond was about average. Only one pair of Gadwall left but it was nice to see a drake Goldeneye still present though no females. Coot, Moorhen, Tufted Duck and Mallard were in normal numbers. A pair of Little Grebe present though at opposite ends of the pond. Several Coot were nest building though only one appeared complete. The Mute Swan pair were present with the female mostly sat on it's nest whilst the male spent every minute chasing a Canada Goose. Usually a pair of Canada Goose appear and nest or at least try to, but only one bird today.

The Robin was by the top benches waiting for a feed.

At least three pair of Pheasant around today.

There was nothing else of note to see.

Attachments

• IMG_8340ao.JPG
    IMG_8340ao.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8357ao.JPG
    IMG_8357ao.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8410ao.JPG
    IMG_8410ao.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8452ao.JPG
    IMG_8452ao.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8630ao.JPG
    IMG_8630ao.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 65
A cloudy start to the morning but brightening as the cloud cover broke up. Winds quite strong and gusty at times.

Not a great deal new to see this morning. Most notable were the return of Chiffchaff with three in Faith Wood area. Even the main pond was pretty quiet though the Canada Goose was still present and still being chased by the Mute Swan.

Attachments

• IMG_8312ao.JPG
    IMG_8312ao.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8472ao.JPG
    IMG_8472ao.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8575ao.JPG
    IMG_8575ao.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9935ao.JPG
    IMG_9935ao.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9960ao.JPG
    IMG_9960ao.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 69
A lovely bright sunny morning, quite mild too!

Having been dropped at the car park the first bird heard singing was a Wren to the right of the cinder track on a dead tree. Next bird heard was a Willow Warbler just as I reached the boardwalk, sat in the hawthorn hedge - the first of eight seen and heard this morning - they must have just arrived as they were drifting through the trees rather than holding territory, unlike the Chiffchaff. Five Chiffchaff seen in Faith Wood all holding their ground.

Above the weir from the hump bridge was a pair of Gadwall - the only ones seen today. Also a Grey Wagtail.

30yds downstream from Cloff Bridge a Kingfisher was sat perched in some willow scrub. It headed off upstream. First one I've seen here this year.

The main pond held only 53 ducks. Mute Swan still present but no sign of the Canada Goose or any Goldeneye. Birds seen - Mallard, Pochard, Little Grebe, Coot, Moorhen and Tufted Duck. A Grey Heron was sat in the dead tree.

Plenty of Dunnock, Yellowhammer, Robin and Wren singing today as well. No birds of prey at all.

Bullfinch seen at three different locations around the park. Grey Partridge x2 in the SW corner by the A1185.

Attachments

• IMG_4633ao.JPG
    IMG_4633ao.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4652ao.JPG
    IMG_4652ao.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4714ao.JPG
    IMG_4714ao.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4788ao.JPG
    IMG_4788ao.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4761ao.JPG
    IMG_4761ao.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 77
A bright but partly cloudy morning and feeling distinctly chilly though okay out of the wind.

Having been dropped off at the car park there wasn't a great deal to see until I reached the wooden hump bridge at the end of the boardwalk. Two pairs of gadwall and a pair of Mallard were on the stream above the weir. Great Spotted Woodpecker x4 were creating a racket in the trees by the sewage works fence chasing each other around.

On entering Faith Wood the Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff were obvious by their 'singing'. In total Willow Warbler x9 and Chffchaff x5 located. Also Dunnock, Wren, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Bullfinch and Greenfinch. On the wood edge by the grassed area a female Blackcap appeared in a willow bush right beside me. I was stood waiting for a Willow Warbler to show itself better when the Blackcap appeared.

The main pond was quiet as well. Nothing new from my last visit though as I was leaving a pair of Shelduck flew in. Reed Bunting, Robin and Long-tailed Tit were in the pond side bushes. The Long-tailed Tits were collecting food and taking it to their nest.

On the north side of the pond a group of Crows were creating a racket. It transpired that a Sparrowhawk was sat in a tree. When sixth and then seventh Crow joined in the mobbing the Sparrowhawk high-tailed it away taking refuge in one of the trees overhanging the pond.

Heading alongside the railway line towards the roadbridge a Stonechat was calling but I couldn't spot it. The Yellowhammers perched in the tree tops were far easier to see and hear as were the Meadow Pipits and Skylarks. The long hedge by the Activity Centre held several Bullfinch, Goldfinch and Dunnock.

Back at the car park the usual Mute Swans were nesting with Moorhen, Mallard and Coot on the pond. A male Great Spotted Woodpecker was in the young willows by the car park. I didn't notice at the time but it's a ringed bird - possibly the one ringed by a local ringer a few weeks ago believed of Continental origin.

Attachments

• IMG_6931ao.JPG
    IMG_6931ao.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6979ao.JPG
    IMG_6979ao.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7017ao.JPG
    IMG_7017ao.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7100aao.JPG
    IMG_7100aao.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7122aao.JPG
    IMG_7122aao.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 76
A pretty quiet morning again - not too surprising with the cold easterlies we've been having for the last week keeping the temperatures down to around 8°C!

Nothing much new seen today other than a pair of Canada Geese on the small pond between the car park and the sewage works. A Kestrel was sat on the sewage works fence overlooking the boardwalk. Long-tailed Tit x2 were in the small trees in the middle of the car park and two of the white winged Crow were on the cut grass area.

Overall Willow Warbler were doubled in numbers since last week but Chiffchaff were about the same. Bullfinch were seen along the sewage works fence line of Faith Wood where also a pair of Grey Partridge burst from beside the path and over the fence.

Wren, Dunnock and Yellowhammer were dotted around singing still but no Blackcap seen today. Goldfinch were just about everywhere c.30 seen today in small groups of 3-4 birds.

The main pond was quiet as well. No sign of any chicks around yet The Swans are still nesting as were Coot. A pair of Sparrowhawk few across the pond from east to west 6' above the water surface.

Reed Bunting were in the bushes by the east side of the pond as were Magpie and two Linnet.

Attachments

• IMG_3599ao.JPG
    IMG_3599ao.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3633ao.JPG
    IMG_3633ao.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3688ao.JPG
    IMG_3688ao.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3726ao.JPG
    IMG_3726ao.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3765ao.JPG
    IMG_3765ao.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 69
Quite a few warblers had returned this morning to Dormans Pool - Greatham Creek so I paid a quick visit to the park this afternoon.

Sedge Warblers, Common Whitethroat and a Grasshopper Warbler back along the stream running north-south through the middle of the park. Sand Martin, House Martin and Swallow on the main pond.

I had a pop over this afternoon for a look. Saw a few Bullfinches, Chaffinces, Wrens, Warblers, Tits (too far off to tell), Sparrows. Also a few Swans (pictured) and a variety of ducks.

Hope to return again with a bit more time.

Attachments

• Billingham 05-05-2008 009.jpg
    Billingham 05-05-2008 009.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Billingham 05-05-2008 041.jpg
    Billingham 05-05-2008 041.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 63
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back