• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Credit Crunch & D700 (1 Viewer)

pe'rigin

Checked out the cost of the D700 yesterday.

£1635.00 at WE, which is OK.
£1615 on Amazon, again OK.

Checked today £1564.99 on Amazon.

Use the 120% discount and get it at £1550.88 at WE, with the years credit.

Whether Amazon are clearing stock, or there's a price surge, don't know.

Now then, I see that they have reverted to yesterdays price, whether there was a genuine typesetting mistake on the website which has now been corrected, who knows?

Last edited:
Now then, I see that they have reverted to yesterdays price, whether there was a genuine typesetting mistake on the website which has now been corrected, who knows?

It's back to the low price. Wonder when it will hit £1,000?

I did an analysis about 8 weeks ago on the effect on consumer sections if there is a possibility (ha, ha, ha) of a recession in the UK.

Camera’s etc didn’t figure, since then the USA has pushed the self-destruct button and it looks like Europe is about to follow.

The US market is so important to the World’s trade, that I think that we will have to wait until the new year when the new President is inaugurated into the White House to see how things pan out. The banks might not give us that time.

As Leif pointed out will there be huge slashing of prices? I personally don’t think that it will.

Both Nikon and Canon with keep to their pre-emptive policy of pre-launch, followed by gradual reduction over a monthly period.

I can see a reduction in the DSLR product range with more emphasis focused on the bridge camera’s that will include movies.

There will be tempting offers on the net, as companies try to entice the flashing of the credit card. Xmas could be a great time to purchase that new camera, no movement at all on Nikon or Canon lenses.

Amazon price inclusive of VAT.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back