• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crna Mlaka and other birding site info (1 Viewer)

cranleighcrake

almost 10 years since my last post on Croatia, im visiting again quite soon and wondered what is the best access to Crna Mlaka? if this is difficult, are there any similar areas near Zagreb that have better access?

we will also be birding on the coast between Zadar and Sibenik - where are the best birding sites (Vrana? Krra?) and where might we see black headed bunting, rock nuthatch, sombre tit.....?

thanks in advance

There is no reply here, but I want to write something in case anyone is interested.

At this point, access to Crna Mlaka is (next to) impossible. The owner is very dismissive of letting people enter the site, various different reasons. I'm lucky enough to be granted access to the area, but only due to conducting surveys for the Ministry (and that is also a double edged sword). There are other, at this point probably even better fisheries in Croatia that you can go to, probably have a better time birding there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back