• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping advice (1 Viewer)

Retrodaz

I have a Kowa TSN 883 and would like to use my Iphone 11 with it. What are my options?
I have a Canon 7d mk2 and a 600mm L lens but it doesn’t get much use as it’s a pain swapping them over. Fancy just digiscoping going forward.

I have a Kowa TSN 883 and would like to use my Iphone 11 with it. What are my options?
I have a Canon 7d mk2 and a 600mm L lens but it doesn’t get much use as it’s a pain swapping them over. Fancy just digiscoping going forward.

Best with universal phone adapter for your Kowas

I have recently bought one of these from Viking Optic.
Fits many phones and many eyepieces.
It’s inexpensive, so if it doesn’t work it isn’t a tragedy.
It’s taking a bit of practice to get used to it though

I imagine there will be plenty of other brands available

I have recently bought one of these from Viking Optic.
Fits many phones and many eyepieces.
It’s inexpensive, so if it doesn’t work it isn’t a tragedy.
It’s taking a bit of practice to get used to it though

I imagine there will be plenty of other brands available
Is that because if’s fiddly to you due to not being designed specifically for the scope?

No, the eyepiece bit is straightforward.
Fitting my iPhone took a bit more common sense than I had available at the time and the camera lenses are surrounded by a little raised area. Once I had overcome that “problem” (entirely due to lack of joined up thinking by me) it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back