• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Meopta Meostar S2 82 HD (1 Viewer)

Timonneke

Netherlands
Hello everyone,

Because little about the Meopta Meostar S2 HD in combination with digiscoping can be found on the Dutch websites, I'm posting this message here. Hopefully you can help me further.

The dealers of spotting scopes in the Netherlands indicate that if I want to go digiscoping, it is best to do this with a Swarovski or a Kowa scope. This is because these adapters are perfectly tailored for these scopes. Swarovski is the largest brand here in the Netherlands, followed by Kowa.

However, I would like to buy a Meopta, but digiscopes are the most important factor for me when buying a scope.

I can't find any experience of digiscopes with a Meopta near me. I also think that Meopta itself does too little to profile itself in this. I called the Meopta representative in the Netherlands, but he tells me to use universal adapters. When I delve into universal adapters, I read very varying experiences everywhere. I also read that the rubber ring on the eyepiece is sometimes a nuisance for digiscoping with the Meostar S2.

What I would like to know:

1. Is it possible to find the perfect fitting smartphone (iphone) adapter for the Meostar S2 HD - that just stays firmly on the eyepiece?
2. What are your experiences with digiscopes regarding image quality via a smartphone on the Meopta?

(PS Thank you for your interest in this message. However, I would like to ask you to respond mainly on topic. So I am interested in experience in digiscopes with the Meopta. And not in well-intentioned recommendations for other telescopes (this message has been translated via Google Translate)).

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

1. I have Meopta 30x60 scope. I have tried occasionally digiscoping with it, but without adapter. It haven't turned out well. Fault could be in me or my cheap phone.
2. I f you want good long distance photos, you should just buy Nikon P1000 or Nikon p950 camera. I have Nikon p900 and it's much more convinient to take pics than digiscoping.

I digiscope with my iphoone and kowa adapter:

I’m a huge fan of this novagrade double-grip model. Best I’ve found yet for using a SmartPhone.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back