• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digital camcorder in nest box (1 Viewer)

nobby

I found that the picture quality from my Mini DV camcorder was far better than my mini cams fitted in my nest boxes.

As 1 of my nest boxes was due to be replaced this year so I decided to build a larger box and fit a Mini DV camcorder instead.

I managed to buy a camera from Ebay for £35 and have used a remote control extender to control the optical zoom on the camcorder.

For lighting I have used 8 white LEDs.

More details can be found on my web site under Technical http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/nest_box.htm

All I need now is a bird to use it.
Brett

Attachments

• boxint.jpg
    boxint.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 154
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back