• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do not try this at home (1 Viewer)

nitram55

When we returned from birding today we loaded our gear into the car and set of after 5 minutes my son realised that he had left his bins on the roof, stopping the car they were no longer there so we set of to find them this is what we found.

100_0453.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

Oh well he wanted a new pair any way

Martin

When we returned from birding today we loaded our gear into the car and set of after 5 minutes my son realised that he had left his bins on the roof, stopping the car they were no longer there so we set of to find them this is what we found.

You now have a compact fixed magnification scope if you separate the broken part! Is the Nikon warranty still applicable??

Andy

I did the same many years ago. We were waiting for a ferry on Shetland & had some time to kill. We had a look at a loch nearby & I left my 10x50 Jenoptems on the car roof which I only realised once we'd got back to the ferry. Astonishingly the bins were still on the roof after at least 3 miles on a single track road, possibly down to Usernames driving.

...........I left my 10x50 Jenoptems on the car roof ......

It wouldn't have made much difference to the bins if they had fallen off, as I'm sure they were made to survive being run over by tanks and turning up in the middle of a full blown war zone - hard core bins:t: There might have been a bloody big dent in the road, though.

Chris

Done the same with my Dialyts, rubber armour's friction kept them on the roof long enough for me to realise what the "donk" noise was and stop to get them. Phew.

John

I set off with my laptop on the bonnet of the car once. When I noticed it was there, it took a lot of willpower to brake slowly and gently rather than slamming the brakes on! Ended well, fortunately.

Brings back memories of driving around a sizable bit of the Belgian coast with my bins on the roof. They somehow stayed on too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back