• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do the browed warblers make it back? (1 Viewer)

Bewick

Connoisseur of WTL
United Kingdom
Is there any chance that the Pallas warblers, yellow browed, and Humes etc make it back to their native range? I’m assuming it’s not likely.

I would think that a proportion of them do. The fact that Yellow-browed Warblers are expected in autumn in significant numbers would appear to reflect a change in migration strategy by at least some, rather than vagrancy caused by weather conditions or other factors.

There must be a number who are caught and ringed at Constant Effort Sites.
I wonder if the BTO can easily access any available data ?
Any ringers out there care to comment ?

I was curious about the odd spring records we are getting nowadays. I have no idea if this is an historic phenomenon or a recent trend. There are definitely more winter birds occurring it would appear.

There must be a number who are caught and ringed at Constant Effort Sites.
I wonder if the BTO can easily access any available data ?
Any ringers out there care to comment ?
Unless they were satellite tagged, there would be no way to know where they've been?

I don't know how many Y.B.W's etc have been fitted with the new tags that can be picked up remotely from the Motus towers such as the one at Spurn. This should give some interesting data in the future.

Andy and Andy

Sorry
I was thinking more along the lines of the birds being re-trapped by another ringer or the ring being recovered from a corpse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back