• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

do you polish your boots? (1 Viewer)

willowa said:
My hubby, always wears DR Martins. He hoses the mud off and polishes them once a week with KIWI polish. They lasted him about 10 years before the souls wore out.

Wonderful...I'm off to polish my soul immediately LOL.

I gently wipe my boots down with a damp cloth, then you KIWI shoe wax. I polish them about once a month. I can't brag about how long they last, since my rapidly growing feet demand new boots ever year!

Good old fashiond Dubbin works well for me, with a brush of neatsfoot oil now and again. Wash of the days grot asap. I get 5 years out of mine, but mine are worn almost every day.

I'm a complete slob, I just buy the cheapest size 10 in Tescos and wear them to death then chuck 'em in the bin and buy some more as necessary and they still outlast my kids megabucks trainers.

Mick

g1wae said:
Good old fashiond Dubbin works well for me, with a brush of neatsfoot oil now and again. Wash of the days grot asap. I get 5 years out of mine, but mine are worn almost every day.

Just a word of warning if you have breathable leather boots, I have been advised that Dubbin is not suitable as it glogs up the pours. With breathables you should only 'feed' the leather occasional, say a couple of times a year at most.
For non breathable leather then Dubbin still takes some beating.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back