• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DSLR vs Mirrorless (1 Viewer)

shrek48

Hope you wonderful people can bring me up to speed as I have been away from cameras for 2 years with helth issues, so reaaly lost the plot as to what happened to the big DSLR vs Mirrorless debate. Last I remember was that mirrorless was all new all singing and would be the end of DSLR !
Have they become that popular? are they as good as advertised ?
As I have not seen much written or nay debates anywhere recently, what made me ask this question now was, trawling the classifieds on FB marketplace, as I do, I saw a sony A7iii for sale and it triggered this question!
TIA

The big manufacturers are definitely moving to mirrorless and phasing out DSLRs. I've got both and with the improvement in viewfinders I can't really see any disadvantages with mirrorless over DSLRs.

The big manufacturers are definitely moving to mirrorless and phasing out DSLRs. I've got both and with the improvement in viewfinders I can't really see any disadvantages with mirrorless over DSLRs.
thanks, was just wondering how they compared now!

Olympus/OM and Panasonic (and Fuji?) have been only mirrorless for over a decade. So I assume you are referring to the johnny-come-latelies Nikon, Canon, and Sony. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back