• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dubai Guide late October 2013 (1 Viewer)

apbarr

Scotland
We're planning a 3 night stopover in Dubai arriving around 26/27th October. I don't want to hire a car if I can avoid it and am looking for either one or two days guiding to try and pick up as many local species as possible.
Any help appreciated.

We're planning a 3 night stopover in Dubai arriving around 26/27th October. I don't want to hire a car if I can avoid it and am looking for either one or two days guiding to try and pick up as many local species as possible.
Any help appreciated.

The UAE Birding website lists a number of locals and ex pats who do guiding:- http://www.uaebirding.com/uaeguiding.html

I spent two weeks there in early spring 2011 and was impressed with the number and variety of birds immediately available in the parks (Safa, Mamzar, Mushrif), Ras al Khor, Pivot Fields and with brief trips into the desert. The UAE Birding website has lots of info re sites and uptodate sightings.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Phil, it looks like I'll need to try and time my arrival for a weekend.

Anyone used any of the guides mentioned on the UAE website?

Thanks for that Phil, it looks like I'll need to try and time my arrival for a weekend.

Anyone used any of the guides mentioned on the UAE website?

As an Islamic country you just need to remember that the weekend is Friday and Saturday :t:

As an Islamic country you just need to remember that the weekend is Friday and Saturday :t:

Thanks again Phil, I already knew that.

I'm now aiming to be there on Friday 25th and Saturday 26th probably staying with a former work colleague who has kindly offered to put us up for the 3 nights.
Recommendation for a guide would be greatly appreciated.

We now have a guide arranged through the UAE birding website, thanks again for the help. Trip report to follow at the end of the year, hopefully with a long list of lifersB :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back