• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

E-Bird issue (1 Viewer)

Bewick

Connoisseur of WTL
United Kingdom
I posted this on information needed but sadly didn't get much responses, just wondering why E-bird wasn't accepting some of my image submission- they are all under the accepted image size listed on their terms page, they are for the most part quite clean and all are easy to make out. I'm so confused that my red necked grebe photos were accepted straight away but my scaup images were just denied. Any help appreciated.

I've uploaded about 400 photos to eBird, and have never had any such problem. Perhaps try making the file size even smaller and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes different programs will analyze file sizes differently.

Also note that on the eBird help page, there's a link to submit a "support ticket." So if you don't get a solution here, I would submit a ticket.

I've uploaded about 400 photos to eBird, and have never had any such problem. Perhaps try making the file size even smaller and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes different programs will analyze file sizes differently.

Also note that on the eBird help page, there's a link to submit a "support ticket." So if you don't get a solution here, I would submit a ticket.
I submitted a ticket more then a week ago, haven’t had a response back. How do I make the right image file size smaller?

In your photo processing programme should be an option such as Image>Resize

I'd suggest going for something like 1500 px on the longest side

In your photo processing programme should be an option such as Image>Resize

I'd suggest going for something like 1500 px on the longest side
I don’t have a photo processing programme… I just understand load them straight from image app.
I’ll see if I have anything close.

Good luck.

I have a similar issue with Instagram. At least 4-5 times a month, one of my pictures, although it shows on my account, fails to show on the shared ones. Sometimes they'll show for 5 minutes, then disappear!

Once, in my early days, it was Rejected (no reason given). I tried several times, eventually getting it on with no text. Then edited putting very little text, then edited again with a little more. Really couldn't work out what had been wrong with it at the beginning.

Strange things these websites. Trouble in Instagram is there doesn't appear to be anyone to go to for assistance.

[In my experience many aspects of ebird are not fully documented. Also you'll be lucky to get a response to your ticket in any "reasonable" time. I'd try various different file formats just in case there's some limit on some but not others. It's nice of you to give Cornell your content for free...]

I submitted a ticket more then a week ago, haven’t had a response back. How do I make the right image file size smaller?

I submitted a ticket more than a year ago. Oh well.

I've been using ResizePixel - online image editor for resizing people's thumbnails in the Gallery all along. It's a pity you have to resize anything, though--I've had some problems with uploading files, but after a few attempts, the media have always gone through. Have you tried (1) logging out and in again, (2) erasing all cookies, (3) using a different browser; it really shouldn't work like that.

Ditto to Jim M.'s suggestion.

Your tuftie would seem to be a large file, the reason it doesn't show the image in the thumbnail, but the landscape thingy.

I only see two images???

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back