• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early attempts at wildlife videography (1 Viewer)

sillyak

I have been doing wildlife photography for a while, but I am trying to do more video work. Editing is quite a daunting process, and I have realized I need a good microphone as all my shots from last week are nothing but wind noise. Either way, I managed to piece together a short video. Let me know what you think please!

I liked it. It's not easy, and you have more patience to edit clips, and put together clips than I would have that's for sure.
The quality was sharp for the most part. The very beginning was a bit blurry.
If I had one criticism, is the panning was a bit abrupt and shaky, but not sure how you overcome that, if the subjects are moving fairly rapidly.
(The extent of my wildlife video clips, is a tripod, press record and step away from the camera! fine as long as the subject doesn't start walking!)

I liked it. It's not easy, and you have more patience to edit clips, and put together clips than I would have that's for sure.
The quality was sharp for the most part. The very beginning was a bit blurry.
If I had one criticism, is the panning was a bit abrupt and shaky, but not sure how you overcome that, if the subjects are moving fairly rapidly.
(The extent of my wildlife video clips, is a tripod, press record and step away from the camera! fine as long as the subject doesn't start walking!)

Thanks! The Elk were shot on a tripod with my old Manfrotto 501 head, which isn't very smooth. I should see if I can get it a little smoother and practice some more.

I want to get a video head that is arca compatible and has good movement. I also want a microphone next time I shoot Elk in the rut. Their bugle is unreal, but all my footage is just wind noise.

The sheep and bear were shot handheld. The sheep I think I did alright with, the bear was bad. I was excited and was also switching between photo and video and all the video is unfortunately rough lol.

I got a few good stills though.

Attachments

• GB1 Med.jpg
    GB1 Med.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7
  • GB2 Full.jpg
    GB2 Full.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
you certainly got a great video of these wild creatures and I liked the music surrounding all of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back