• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egypt (1 Viewer)

Driade

Hi all!

I'm going to visit Egypt next month. It's not a birding travel, I'm going to a Nile cruise(4days), and 3days in Cairo. I'm going with many people so it would be dificult(or impossible) to stay in calm and see birds.

Anyway, I hope to see someone, specially I want to see birds that there isn't in Spain, something like a Egyptian Goose, and it would be a dream to see a Pied Kingfisher :eek!:

Well, I have writen this post to ask for an advice, in order to know how to make my trip productive. How can I see birds in the touristic areas and with a lot of people?

Thank u very much, just to read me must be dificult

Driade said:
it would be a dream to see a Pied Kingfisher

Your dream will come true ...you can't miss Pied Kingfisher! A lot of excellent birding in Egypt - some good sites near Cairo, but the best area (in my opinion) is in the far south around Aswan.

Where does your cruise start/finish? I'll post with better info about these areas.

I went on a Nile trip in April a few years ago, Pied Kingfisher seen daily so they shouldn't be a problem ;)

didn't see that many birds around the tourist areas, you should see plenty of birds from the boat, Egrets/Herons/Raptors, saw quite a few Hoopoe, there were lots of Warblers in the reeds but didn't ID many of them, Black Kite were pretty common around the boats when we stopped.

Kitcheners Island is worth a visit if you can.

wow! I really love all the kingfisher!

We'll take the cruise in Luxor,then, we shall see:
Luxor, Karnak, king and Quen's valley, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan(& Lake Nasser, but I supose we will se just a landscape from the Dam), Philae and Abu-simbel. The cruise finish in Aswan and then we :flyaway: to Cairo.

Thanks!!! Now

I'm going to study, I have an exam tomorrow :scribe:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back