• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent service from Hawke (1 Viewer)

greer3

United Kingdom
Bought 10 x 42 Hawke bins a couple of years ago. The focus went a bit off kilter recently. Sent them back and they were fixed and returned within a few days free of charge.
Excellent service.
Very pleased with them. Although a bit on the heavy side they are very robust and the bodywork is still in tip-top condition.

Mind if I ask what exactly the issue was with your focus, mine (8x42 Ed x) have a fair bit of slack in the focus and ‘wandering diopter’ issue, sent them off to hawk once already but who ever inspected them couldn’t find any issues and returned them, the shop I purchased them from couldn’t really give a stuff either!

May persist and try for another repair request, I can’t possibly sell them on as they are and no use to me with these issues.

Matt

Mind if I ask what exactly the issue was with your focus, mine (8x42 Ed x) have a fair bit of slack in the focus and ‘wandering diopter’ issue, sent them off to hawk once already but who ever inspected them couldn’t find any issues and returned them, the shop I purchased them from couldn’t really give a stuff either!

May persist and try for another repair request, I can’t possibly sell them on as they are and no use to me with these issues.

Matt
Not sure of the technicalities but basically central focus wheel needed adjusting. It was slightly out of focus at its maximum position. When they returned them it was working well again. I'd be tempted to return them again and insist they're checked properly.

Not sure of the technicalities but basically central focus wheel needed adjusting. It was slightly out of focus at its maximum position. When they returned them it was working well again. I'd be tempted to return them again and insist they're checked properly.
Thanks for the reply, yes will give it another go and hope the Issues get resolved!

In the meantime it’s back to the faithful old monarchs!!

Matt

Thanks for the reply, yes will give it another go and hope the Issues get resolved!

In the meantime it’s back to the faithful old monarchs!!

Matt
In the past I've bought my optical equipment and tripods from Wilkinsons Cameras. Twice I've had issues after I bought them and they've been excellent in either replacing them or getting them fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back