• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye relief 32x WW Leica Apo Televid 77 (2 Viewers)

Woen

Netherlands
Hi!

Does anyone know the eye relief of the 32x WW Leica Apo Televid 77 oculair?
I can't really find it...

Funny that it is the only English term in the specifications, but it is "oogafstand" isn't it?

John
I don't know, to quote the article: The "eye-relief" (or is it "the" eye-relief?; I can't think of a good Dutch synonym for it) is more than sufficient for spectacle wearers with both eyepieces. This eye-relief is the distance between the exit pupil and the edge of the eyepiece and should be at least 13 mm. glasses wearers want to be able to see the entire field of view.

I don't know, to quote the article: The "eye-relief" (or is it "the" eye-relief?; I can't think of a good Dutch synonym for it) is more than sufficient for spectacle wearers with both eyepieces. This eye-relief is the distance between the exit pupil and the edge of the eyepiece and should be at least 13 mm. glasses wearers want to be able to see the entire field of view.
Actually, depending on your glasses 13mm might be on the short side. 15-16mm is much more comfortable for most people.

Hermann

Users who are viewing this thread

Back