• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

F900 EXR questions (1 Viewer)

texassue

I currently have a Panasonic FZ100, which I've come to dislike, not least because when you turn the camera off, the smaller focus square that I've set is lost back to default. I've been reading about the new Fujis. The HS50 is quite a bit heavier, so I'm wondering if the F900 would give me decent results for record shots and ID. Fast autofocus is a must. I am accustomed to using a viewfinder, but the FZ100's is hard to see. Does the F900 LCD screen work well outdoors? There's supposed to be a setting for bright-day viewing, but I've not been able to find any info about how well it works. There are no stores nearby that carry this camera.
Any comments are appreciated!

I have got an earlier incarnation (E600 EXR), yes you can sometimes get reasonable shots but sadly I don't think any camera that lacks an evf will ever live up to your hopes.

Re: F900 EXR

Thanks for your insight on this. I have been resisting the LCD-only cameras, but I start to waver when so many people shoot with them.

Thanks for your insight on this. I have been resisting the LCD-only cameras, but I start to waver when so many people shoot with them.

As your probably aware Bridge Camera's have both LCD and EVF, some are better than others. Like you I currently use a Panasonic Lumix (FZ150) but the EVF is not that great. I would not personally use a Bridge Camera without it having a vari-angle LCD, a reasonable EVF is probably a bonus. I appreciate your need for an EVF though as not everyone gets on with LCD screens.

Consider the Fuji HS50EXR I've taken a good look at this camera's EVF and it's as good if not better than any other I've looked through. I'm sure other HS50 users would be more than pleased to share their thoughts with you, you really have to own/use a camera to know it's strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks. I have been reading about the HS50, and it certainly appears to be an excellent bridge camera. (I had also considered the S-X1.) The other option is an M4/3 but the choices there are rather daunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back