• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

female Summer Tanager Tamarindo Costa Rica Feb (2 Viewers)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please confirm this to be a female Summer Tanager? Taken in Tamarindo Costa Rica in Feb.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• CAT07064-D.jpg
    CAT07064-D.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 9
  • CAT07070-D.jpg
    CAT07070-D.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 8
yes I think it's OK. The grey of the bill recalls hepatic tanager (summer is usually yellowish in my experience), but it's not obviously bicoloured. Also, there's no grey on the cheek.

Size and shape of bill recalls summer if I remember correctly. I do not know why it is so whitish rather than the more uniform yellow I recall.
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back