• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Festive Tyke Meet (2 Viewers)

27th

will be late decision for me..will depend on whether i am deemed worthy to see my kids at xmas or not!Hope to be there if i don't have them!If I do miss it can I send my best wishes to all in advance!!

Paul

Judging by recent experiences and the current 5 day forecast any inland water is likely to be frozed. Is a coastal trip mad or desperate?

We better wrap up nice and warm as temperatures may be still a bit crazy.

anyway i've got my passout and i'm going to use it.

mark.

Right where's the venue for Monday???
Still pretty much frozen solid around Leeds, so I imagine Wheldrake will be much the same.
What's the coast run like at the moment? Would Filey or Flamboro be a better substitute.

Vaguley useful information

Think Paul might be right with Worlaby...anyone familiar with the site?

Clare posted a link to a planning application for a wind turbine adjacent to the site. The application is at http://is.gd/juELv from which I gather that the site in question is in the adjoining 'field'. I've downloaded an OS map of the area and am reasonably confident that I know where the site is. Famous last words.

Staying up for the cricket was well worth it but a side effect is that I can't do joined-up thinking at the moment. Appearently there is some footy going on ;)

my friend over there is going to let me know when it` s worth visiting again... its pretty icy over there atm... oh, we 43 objections to the wind turbine at Worlaby....

Think Paul might be right with Worlaby...anyone familiar with the site?

Won't be coming Keith - usual 'distance' reason. Seems I'm better off sticking with the Lancashire lot lately!! I'll put the spies in the freezer...................

Have a great day wherever you land up

Sandra

Last edited:
There seems a distinct lack of consensus about Monday's meet. Herding cats is probably easier ;) In the absence of other suggestions I go with Worlaby, wherever that is. Off piste I know but you can probably see it from Hull on a clear day.

Fairburn is almost totally ice bound at the minute.
Old Moor I don't know about but if I'm going that way I'd sooner go to Potteric Carr, the bacon sarnies are great there.
Worlaby is pretty icy according to Clare, so I for one don't really fancy practising my skid-pan skills.
What say we call this one off and get one going in the New Year when the weather has broken?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back