• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Festive Tyke Meet (1 Viewer)

i keith
i went to potteric carr the other day and all the ponds
where frozen the bacon sarnies are great
going to old moor tomorrow and fairburn wednesday
do you mean the ponds are ice bound or the roads
neil

Im inclined to give this a miss due to the weather - im not in favour of sticking my car in a ditch for a few birds but no doubt will be out and about once my camera arrives.

i keith
i went to potteric carr the other day and all the ponds
where frozen the bacon sarnies are great
going to old moor tomorrow and fairburn wednesday
do you mean the ponds are ice bound or the roads
neil

It's the flashes that are frozen up, they are relatively shallow and freeze quite readily. The main lake will be frozen at the visitor centre end as that is the shallowest part but should be ice free at the village end.

a bit of a shame about the weather, may have to look at the situation tomorrow and play it by ear. antone who's up for a trip out give me a text.

mark.

p.s. ive been to worlaby a few times, its a case of parking up by the bridge over the main drain just south of the village.

I got down to Roundhay Park, a tennis court sized bit of open water full of mallards, canadas, mute swans and a handful of tufted ducks until some bonehead's spaniel put the birds to flight.
Didn't really fancy driving anywhere after watching 3 cars slide sideways trying to turn up our road.

Managed 2 different little owls on the road between wiggington & sutton on the forest, only visible because of all the frost on the trees. Thats 3 local birds in the last 2 weeks.

Managed 2 different little owls on the road between wiggington & sutton on the forest, only visible because of all the frost on the trees. Thats 3 local birds in the last 2 weeks.

Kick start! Come on guys and girls...lets set an alternative date and venue?

Late jan...Potteric for starters!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back