• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finquiz II (2 Viewers)

81 tetrao tetrix
82 coracias garrulus
83 dryocopos martius (this could be also no 81)
84 yeah gallinula, too late, so I say Fulica atra
85 scolopax rusticola if people like it in the oven; if the bird likes ovens, hm - troglodytes???
86 botaurus stellaris
89 chlidonias niger but guess Jurij is right

89 Sterna paradisaea
81 Melanitta nigra
85 Some american troglodytes?
86 a goose??

Lou, about the limosa, they discovered the (probably) last colony of Geronticus eremita in WP because one of the locals started complaining that a bird he shot gave him stomach ache. It was a Geronticus!

[QUOTE
Lou, about the limosa, they discovered the (probably) last colony of Geronticus eremita in WP because one of the locals started complaining that a bird he shot gave him stomach ache. It was a Geronticus![/QUOTE]
Where??? in Syria? I haven't heard about that!

Ovenbird - Prunella modularis again?
Oxbird - that's why i tried Botaurus and Somateria m.; hm Larus marinus???
Water swallow - Phalaropus lobatus

89 goes to Lou.
Oxbird has already made an appearance on the earlier sub-contests in this thread. Also then its nickname was voice-related.
Ovenbird has also another official Finnish name. That is Salix-bird.

-I agree with the ox
-trochilus is the most numerous bird in Finland! followed by Fr. coelebs according to the EBCC-Atlas. So I'm saying Chaffinch.
Lou

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back