• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First bird images taken with F707 (1 Viewer)

Here are two of the few bird images I took when I had my F707. Its not digiscoping but this is what made me want to get into it. I only had a 1.85x Raynox. I think the bird hanging upside down was pretty funny.

dsc01692.jpg

dsc01843.jpg

Hi,
Could you tell me how far away you were from the bird in each of these photos?
I have a scope and Nikon 990 which are great, but I wish there was a camera on its own that had enough zoom and stability to simply pack in a bag and go, yet take great bird/wildlife pictures from a distance....

Susan

You know, I can't remember but it was not far at all. The first shot I would guess 20 feet. It is also a very small bird. I was in a deer stand. The second one, the camera was so close to the bird I was afraid he would peck the lens and Im not joking. I was just far enough not to need macro. I wish I could have taken a better shot on that one. I just stood in front on the nest like a statue. The bird came towards the nest several times and flew away. I guess it got use to me there, finally perched and then looked back at me. I didnt have time to do anything but take the picture and the bird almost hit me when it saw my finger press the release.

That camera had 5x optical and 5x Digital. Not enough for any type of birding in my opinion. I ordered the 1.85x lens but that still was not enough for what I wanted although it did allow me to get that first shot.

My nikon 4500 will be here Monday. I have already ordered the Meade 90 and Im about to order the Eagle Eye 5x. Have you looked into the 5X? I have seen some photos taken and it looks great. I know you wanted a stand alone but the 5x might be what you need. Read some reviews on it. I will definitely post my opinion once I get it.

Good luck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back